Welcome to my site on writing blog posts. Most bloggers know what to write about and how to write a blog post that will get their audience’s attention. Some are still figuring out how to do it. Here is a great article on how to ensure that you do get to write a good one!
Do you want to make more money as a partner with Amazon?
Amazing Selling Machine will help you become a top seller of products on Amazon – click to get more info on Amazing Selling Machine and a special bonus offer here
How to Write Great Blog Posts That Get Attention
With millions of blogs posts fighting for readership online and with thousands more being created every day. You need to make yours blog postings stand out above the rest. Here are some suggestions for making your blog posts stand out from the crowd.
1. The first thing someone reads is the post title so write each post title that grabs the reader’s attention. Your title should both wet the reader’s interest and be informative. Do not write “Blog Writing Advice”; instead, say “The Best Kept Secret to Improving Your Blog Writing.” The longer titles have the advantage of describing in detail what your post is about. 8 to 12 words work best.
2. Keep sentences short and clear. A little goes a long way. Readers are busy people and they will not spend hours-reading fluff. Use strong language. Start a new paragraph every few sentences, and limit each post to 250 words, if possible. If you cannot write it in under 250 words, split it into two entries.
3. Break up the text. Use numbered lists, bullet points, and subheadings to make your posts easy to scan. A lot of white space on the page is a good thing, It allows your reader to take mental breaks and lets the knowledge soak in. This technique puts some distance between your writing and all those distractions like the constant clutter of banner ads and side text.
4. Keep current. No one wants to read old news. Your job is to keep up to date so your readers do not have to themselves. Read newspapers. Search the web for references. If you write a blog about blogging, subscribe to Google News Alerts using keywords related to the field, such as blogs, podcasting, instant messaging, business letters, memos, and business reports, so you will always be well informed. Posting items from last month or last year will lose your reader’s interest.
5. Be bold. Being timid is an easy path to anonymity. Do not be afraid to create and state your opinions. There are some situations in which objectivity rules. But you have to give people a reason to read your blog and not the person next door. Be accurate. If you make a statement, be prepared to back it up. Know what your sources are and quote them accurately. Do not post misinformation.
6. Contribute to the conversation. Links are great but then what? Do not just post links to the same tired sites, offer your reader something new. Contribute to the conversation. Your goal is to be the site to which everyone else is linking so you had better have something to say.
7. Stay focused. Once you have defined the theme of your blog, stay on it. A blog about sky diving has no business posting about the latest innovation in swimming. Such a deviance will only confuse your readership and destroy your virtual authority.
8. Use key words liberally. Keywords are key. They harness your blog’s search engine potential when you fill your title and post with effective keywords that helps interested readers find your page in the amongst all the others.
9. Be consistent. Keep a schedule and stick to it. Post frequently at least several times per week if you want to increase your potential of attracting new readers. If you let your blog languish for weeks without updates your audience will move on to fresher blogs. Maintaining an informative blog that people want to read takes hard work and good writing skills. Find what makes your writing unique and flaunt it for all it is worth.
Hit Sugar - brand new blog!
I would love to show you more about how to write a blog post, please read next article. This article points out some useful tips, from choosing the topic to actually getting down and writing the post.
Today it’s very easy to publicize your own writing through blogs. In fact, having a blog is very common these days. People blog about their hobbies, their job or anything else that interests them. Some people even blog with the sole purpose of making money. Whatever, your reason is you might be wondering how to consistently write good blog posts. Well, you don’t have to worry there’s a very simple and easy to follow method to writing excellent blog posts on a consistent basis.
Why Do You Blog?
The first thing you need to think about is. Why do you blog? Are you blogging simply to share your hobby with others or do you intend to make money with your blog? Even if you do intend to make money off of your blog, I highly recommend that you write about something that you are at least remotely interested in. It is possible to write blog posts about topics you are not particularly interested in, but at first I wouldn’t recommend it.
Purpose Of Your Blog Entry
One of the reasons that interest is important is that it makes it much easier to actually write blog posts. If you intend to monetize your blog you are going to need traffic. To get traffic you need a lot of quality content. Blog posts. Therefore, if you don’t have any interest in your topic it will be much more difficult for you to keep up your writing.
Choosing The Topic Of Your Blog Post
Off course the overall topic of your blog posts will be determined by the overall topic of the blog itself, but it can be really hard to find specific topics for your blog posts day in and day out. That’s why I suggest looking for keywords related to your topic.
I use the Google Adwords keyword tool which is free to use for anybody. I look for keywords that get a decent amount of traffic without being overly competitive. The best case scenario is to find what is called long tail keywords with a solid amount of traffic.
Structuring Your Writing
We are getting close to actually writing the blog post now, but there is one more step, I recommend that you take. Write down your Keyword in your favorite text editor. Then think about some questions you have that are related to your keyword. 4-6 questions should be enough. This structure will serve as the skeleton of your blog post. When you have that in place writing the blog post becomes very easy.
Filling In The Blanks
Now you’re ready to write your blog post. What you need to do is answer each question with 4-6 sentences. You may have to do some research to find the answers for all the questions, but that’s ok. When you’re done you should have a blog post with somewhere between 300 and 500 words. Add an introduction lining up the main points and conclude the post with a few sentences, and you’re almost good to go. You have the meat of your blog post, and you just need to prepare it for publishing.
Spell Checking And Editing
We’re about to publish our blog post, but there are still a few things to do. First of all, you never ever publish anything without running it through a spell checker. If you know anyone who is willing to read the post before you publish it that’s great too, but with the amount of posts you’ll be writing that might not be practical.
That’s it! All you have to do now is make it public. When you’ve done that you can start all over again. Happy writing!
On his blog about writing for the internet M. Nielsen continually seeks to offer quality advice to budding writers whether they choose to keep their writing offline or decide to share it online. If you want to take your writing to the next step making a visit to http://www.netscribepro.com is highly recommended.
Really great information on how to write a blog post. And also a look at the top sites that rank high on searches.
What Is a Blog and What Are the Top Blogging Sites
The Internet world is booming everywhere, and blogs are becoming an integral part of it. Now what is a blog? They are usually the online journals. They are short forms of web logs which means a list of various writings online. When all these small writings are combined together to give them a look similar to a small website it is referred to as a blog. A blog can comprise of articles, news, pages, personal diary, videos, audios, products for sale, company information advertisement and much more.
One thing seen commonly in blogs is that every blog is in a chronological order where the latest post appears on the front pages. Basically the new post appears above the last post written by you. The basic idea behind this is to make the viewers acquainted with the updated information or content. Also there is an archive list where the readers can go to the previous desired posts.
The very basic working of any blog begins with the content management system that is used for creating a particular blog. This is where any blogger designs or creates, manages comments, manages content or posts and also experiments on the blogs. This is the place where the blog actually get its looks. A blog basically get the looks from the coding languages like PHP, CSS and HTML, but the bloggers do not need to go into all these details because the content management system or even the online interface provides the bloggers preset theme which are menu driven as well as can also be designed and edited easily.
Let us have a look at some of the top blogging websites
- Blogger This is one of the very popular blogging sites, that enables not only posting your blog but it also enhances it by using videos and pictures with addition to enable you to customize your blogs.
- WordPress WordPress is yet another big-name in blogging sites, which is not only used for individuals but also large corporations use routinely. While Word Press is customizable, it is also very simple to use. With some simple steps that takes a few minutes you can get a new blog customized that fits your requirements.
- Xanga Xanga is a very easy to use blogging site, where simply in two minutes or even less, you can go from almost nothing to begin your blog. Xanga makes it the easiest to start with amongst the rest. Another cool plus side about Xanga is that it gives a sub-directory name, rather than sub-domain.
- Live Journal Live Journal is another blogging site which gives quite a few options while being free to use, like incorporating the blog to your existing website, using HTML or CSS to customize the blog according to your liking.
So if you are looking for creating your own blog, get going. It is simple to create a blog and post the content that you want people to read.
For more great information on writing blog posts, click here.
If you have a site and are aiming to rank high, the goal is to provide your audience with good content. Online content that will help answer their questions, especially if your site is devoted into the How-to niches. How to write a blog post to keep them coming back for more should not be too hard, once you focus on who your audience is and what they need.
Almost everyone needs to know how to help constipation – great tips and suggestions on keeping your digestive system in good health!
Copyright 2014 How To Write A Blog Post